Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Monkey Girl




I was born too early in April,
but, ready to swing from a tree.
Every time doctors say I won’t,
I say, I will!  You just wait and see.

Hospitals, doctors, and therapy,
Is on my long to do list.
But, so is avocado with bananas,
in Nawna’s arms and, being kissed.

There’s so many who love me,
cheering me on so I’ll blossom.
They say, way to go monkey girl,
and, I laugh feeling awesome.

Momma was strong and loving,
she passed her strength to me.
She’s going to be proud of monkey girl.
One day I’m going to climb that tree.


“For my precious great granddaughter”
“In loving memory of my granddaughter who loved her with all her heart.”


4 comments:

  1. Oh Vicki this made me both smile and cry! It is sweet and beautiful and a perfect tribute to our amazing Lauren and our monkey girl!! πŸ΅πŸ’•πŸ˜

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the spirit shining in that little girl's face. And so terribly sad she lost her mother. I bet she will climb that tree one day.

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...