Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Soldier




Effervescent crashing waves  
Vast blowing windy raves
Intruding obscure clouds
Defeated, beaten, cowed
Emerging upon the light
Narrowly escaping when
Careening while coming in
Easing slowly with the tide
Around the craggy side
Nestled safely moored
Drained but, reassured
Cut stone and mortar
Light from starboard quarter
Unharmed finally found
Eager to walk around
Soldier there on the ground


Linking with Poets United midweek motif Evidence/Clues
http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/

21 comments:

  1. You made me see the crashing waves, the craggy rocks....and, unexpectedly, the soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That climax to the story! When all the signs that pointed toward defeat, turn around and start giving hope for a new beginning. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is breathtaking and poignant Vicki. I love it!! Also, I wanted to reply to your comment on my blog as well. You are right losing someone so close can open up our heart to what is we see around us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice acrostic and wonderful rhymes. I like this soldier poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I not only could read it, but you made me hear it also! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How delightfully different this presentation was.

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...