Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Sunday, October 14, 2018

I Swallowed Deception





A good love potion is only as good as the witch who makes it.
She was highly recommended.
“An old secret recipe”, she said.
I’d be as sweet as vanilla... passionately hot as cinnamon.
He would be mine... forever devoted to me,
forever in my bed.

She mixed dried jasmine, dried red rose petals,
cinnamon sticks, a splash of red wine.
Ginseng root, a must… for lust! A vanilla pod split.
I dozed off at that point. I don’t remember much except...
waking in her candlelit lab anxious to buy it! So, I bought it.
  
I bought it!
I was supposed to give it! He was supposed to drink it!
But she wickedly bewitched me! I wound up with an uncontrollable thirst.
She was highly recommended.
I guess he got there first!






















Photo: Source















































34 comments:

  1. A wonderful witchy tale, and realistic as well, as it usually winds up being us with the unslakable thirst. Wonderful, Vicki! I love it. Hmmmmmm, you have the recipe....maybe we can make our own?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tis the season for such wonderful potions! Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story here, and the way you used the recipe of such good taste, without the eyes of newt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Love the drowsing and the twist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! I liked this very much and always enjoy a twist in the tail

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed this so much. I can't stop grinning. :)

    ~Ali

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! The drama, the suspense, the turn around being fair--or witchy--play.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderfully crafted and somewhat nuanced, I think, tale of intrigue. A fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. bewitching tale, and a wicked twist at the end. enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good humor Vicky. Once bewitched one is vulnerable. Anything can happen after that!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Vicki I absolutely love this!! Such a wonderfully crafted chilling and seductive tale!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so very clever. I love it!
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful tale and interpretation of this strange art. Spooky and funny at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...