Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

My pumpkin crop













I’m known to repurpose anything,
even something up on our roof.
The turbines were coming down.
And, sometimes I can be a goof.
Thought they’d make great pumpkins!
So, I cleaned off all the grime,
brushed on Autumn metallic paints,
until they shined like a new dime.
Fixed a cut limb for the pumpkins stem,
and, old water hose for the curls on top.
I don’t have the knowledge of a farmer,
however, I do have a pumpkin crop.



Linking with Poets United “Pumpkin Patches”

http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/




“Some of these are industrial size turbines found at a salvage
 yard after I repurposed the smaller ones from our house a few
 years back. I look forward to placing my crop of pumpkins
 every year. I hope you enjoyed my poem about them!”



23 comments:

  1. What a great way to find new purpose for things... we need to do that more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen such pumpkins. LOL. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I love utilitarian art :-)
    ZQ

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really creative. I love your photo and your poem. Great imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How brilliantly inventive. They look great. And you got a poem out of it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! How clever you are with verse AND repurposing - both of which brought a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HaHa! A marvelously creative pumpkin crop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey you're so brilliantly resourceful Vicky! just Wow! Thanks for the photos. Never seen such pumpkins before :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow! what a creative way to recycle old turbines. awesome!
    your poem rocks! it bounces along nicely, a real delight to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those make such cool looking pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your pumpkins Vicki - such a creative way to repurpose.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...