Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Heavy hearts





I was composing an email.
The reply wasn’t like him at all.
He replied he’d get back to me, his heart was way too heavy.
Then a knock on the door, and a phone call.

Both asking, had I heard the news?
I turned on the news to see.
My mom and I stood starring with hearts way too heavy.
In disbelief of what we were seeing on TV.


One day I stood with the world.
A few months later, I stood with a few.
Praying with hearts that were way too heavy.
Heavy hearts people extend sympathy to.


Photo: Kelly Sikkema/Unsplash

4 comments:

  1. This is sad and beautiful Vicki. I lovely tribute to so many fallen on that devastating day!d I still remember where I was when i happened. It was so hard to believe and everyone was in shock and heartbroken. Thank you for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carrie. Thank you for reading and sharing your thoughts with me.❤

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...