Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Monday, September 3, 2018

Peace and Thankfulness





Give me an Autumn road to roam.
Anywhere away from home.
A mountainside all a glow.
A pristine stream down below.
A hike in the crisp mountain air,
under the trees before their bare.
The hunt for the perfect water fall,
lovely and majestically tall.
Noisy screech owls at night.
Glowing crackling campfire light.
A few fireflies drifting by.
An Iron skillet and a fish to fry.
A warm mug of cider in my hand.
Songs from the frog and cricket band.
A warm jacket lined with fleece.
And, I’ll have peace and thankfulness.

 Photo: Patrick Tomasso/unsplash

2 comments:

  1. Looks like your trip kindled a poem Vicki, and I love it! I especially love the cricket and frog band. You have made me long to go on a camping trip. It does make you appreciate all of nature...your words reflect that beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you should go when we all go again also. We had fun, but now the work starts to wash everything. ugh!

      Delete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...