Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Monday, September 3, 2018

Starship



















Dad’s old wooden boat.
My starship.
Friends, sunsets, sowing our wild oats.
Day’s spent in starship all alone.
Dad crying out, come in!
Another daydream blown.
My first kiss under the full moon.
Later, I wept there too,
like the world would end that June.
One less boyfriend, but starship left me whole.
I really miss the nights the Milky Way,
reached down and stole my soul.
It seems strange to be back here in starship.
I never thought I’d weep here again.
Even though I’ve said goodbye to you, dad.
I’d give anything to hear you call me in.


https://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/
Linking with The Sunday Muse 
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/

For Imaginary Gardens with Real Toads Tuesday Platform

24 comments:

  1. A lovely tribute to you Dad. We will always miss the ones we love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! so heart wrenching and warm poem. How sometimes we miss our loved ones a lot and nothing in the whole wide world can fill their void.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thought. Parents should be cherished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A sweet memory and tribute to the love you have for your dad. He is certainly missed by many! 💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie. David, Sue and us was reminiscing about him this past weekend. I might post it on Facebook and tag them.

      Delete
  5. Such a heartfelt poem and tribute to your father 💞

    ReplyDelete
  6. memories, of people, places, family, friends, first love, sun moments, weeping and falling star wishes too .... lovely poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely poem. I identify strongly with this. I would give anything to hear my mother's voice again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This poem is so moving. Straight from your heart into ours. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a nice read, Vicki. I like the way you introduced the father through using the father's boat. It turned to be a wonderful tribute of him.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. That ache to hear a voice that no longer speaks on this earth - it's a hard thing to bear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the reflections and the travel back to childhood... I think we all need such a starship just to be able to travel in time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A boat as a starship, I love that. I can see so many memories sparkling in that water.

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...