Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Thursday, September 6, 2018

I've been thinking about pie





I’ve been thinking a lot about pie,
what it is, and what it’s not.
Some rather flat, some piled high,
some served cold or piping hot.

Eskimo pie? It can’t be pie.
On a stick, drips, drips, drips.
Moon pie? I cannot lie,
moon pie won’t pass my lips.

Maybe pizza pie covered in cheese.
Shepherd’s pie? There’s no crust!
Chicken pot pie? Oh, yes please!
Boston cream pie is just a bust.

Crust, or no crust, fruit or meat,
hearty, savory or sugar and spice.
Most would agree it’s hard to beat.
Just have a slice and, don’t think twice.


Photo: Annie Spratt/Unsplash

For the Tuesday Platform
http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/

17 comments:

  1. This is as much a delight to read as pie is to eat!! Love this wonderful ode to pie Vicki!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what's more delicious ... pie or your poem!πŸ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pie in any form. This was a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just plain yummy, Vicki. You day "pie" and I scrounge up a fork. The only pie I don't like is mince meat. It was my grandmothers favorite. My favorite is rhubarb but I like them all, like you, the 'real' pies. My guess is that your favorite or near to it is coconut cream.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to argue with the yumminess that is pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy with pie... though for me there has to be cheese.

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...