Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

What? No Windows!











What if there were no windows,
I wouldn’t know what to do.
I sit here most every day,
feel the warmth come through.
I swat the lizards on the glass,
watch the crickets hop away.
Watch squirrels run on the lawn,
and, see the tiger lilies sway.
If there were no windows,
I would never see the rain,
bouncing off the gutters,
dripping on the window pane.
I would never see the bikes,
being ridden down the road.
The woodpecker on the tree,
or the yards getting mowed.
I wouldn’t see the snowmen,
the spring tulips just appear.
Summer rays or autumn leaves,
through the window here.
Mrs. Miller sweep her porch,
or clean her garden gnomes.
Or see you through the window,
excited you are finally home.

Note: My daughters cats are always in the window looking out onto the world outside. This is for my grand cats, Emily and Augie, and the child in all of us. 😊
Photo by Serhat Beyazkaya-unsplash
Linking with Poets United/Susan’s midweek motif “What if”
For http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/



33 comments:

  1. Love this! My cats may be thinking along the same lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this too.
    Life would certainly be lacking without windows to our world.
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Much more optimistic than my view of cats. I feel like they are just pretending to look out the window while they plot my demise. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, a cozy window to a cat for its real worldview and Windows to us for a virtual worldview :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I love it as well. We all need a window to peer at the world both inside and outside. :-)
    -HA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely .... a view of one's own, or perhaps, shared, with others? Looking out onto ... and looking in, within, - the simple moments, the simple pleasures - felines too often just know the score. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoever invented windows did us a very great service. I can see the cats, observing life from the inside of those windows, as cats so love to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an incredibly sharp and potent write. We need those windows to better our perspective of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many of us must have that pleasure. What use is a window if we can't observe the world passing by...there must be a few cat genes in us too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Life would certainly be a lot less lovely, if we didn't have a way to glimpse the rest of the world... and the arrivals that make our hearts dance.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a window not just to the outside world but to the narrator's life as well... nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My cats and I watch life through windows too! A delightful poem, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a wonderful read Vicki! I love the perspective from Emily and Augie seeing the world. They are people watchers just like us writers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just delightful. Good to know you are owned by a cat:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Windows are crucial for thought, daydreams, and watching. We thought along the same lines on this prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. beautiful realistic and so natural ...windows are extremely vital

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...