Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Coconut!














Coconut! O coconut! O I love your trees!
I’m so lonesome for one.
Are you too? Lost there by the sea.

Coconut! O coconut! O I love your trees!
Strolling through a palm grove,
in the balmy breeze.

Coconut! O coconut! O I love your trees!
Soaring toward the heavens,
strong and, with such ease.

Coconut! O coconut! O I love your trees!
Legends, myths, and folklore,
what some foresee about your trees!

But, coconut! O coconut! I want your tree to thrive!
Because, if I could have just one,
I’d need yours to survive! 

Photo by Josiah Weiss-unsplash


















2 comments:

  1. This is a delight to read Vicki! I love the repetition and message that flows from it. I love their trees to. This could be a sweet song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie. Thanks for reading it, and happy you liked it.
      "She put the lime in the coconut, she drank 'em bot' up" lol, I can't compete with Harry Nilsson. Now it is stuck in my head. :)

      Delete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...