Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Warm December’s


I fought to fit in where soft snowflakes gently fell upon my shoulders. I can still remember the bitter cold and how it sent shivers up my spine. My ambition overcame my fears when I packed all my favorite things. You don’t know me, but neither did they. I know I’ve not been blessed with beauty, and I’m a little rough around the edges. I know I’ll never have to hear “I told you so”, there’s a talent agent out there looking for someone just like me. I hold my head high when I walk the star studded sidewalks. I know I’ll be discovered, I can feel it in my bones.

I’ve spent several warm December’s here, weaving between casting calls, auditions, and odd jobs. Someday I’ll get my big break and leave these sunny worn walls behind. But, for now I might sip some chamomile tea, and feel the warm breeze as it carries the scents from the cities streets through my window. I’ll recite a few lines to my attentive audience in the room, before I tuck myself into my makeshift bed. Hopefully I’ll have visions of stardom dance through my head on this warm December night.


Courtesy Google Images

5 comments:

  1. I love the direction you went with the photo Vicki! Your beautiful desription really took me right there with her on those star studded streets! I love the title as well! Lovely writing indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carrie. I appreciate all your help, I'm looking forward to this form of creative expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very talented Vicki! I look forward to reading more from you, and I know you will enjoy blogging.

      Delete
  3. I could feel the struggle and hope. A beautiful interpretation of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sumana. I’m new to this, although I’ve always enjoyed writing. Thank you for reading it and your kind words.

      Delete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...