Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Leave the City




Discovering a flower farm.
Savoring the warmth of the sun,
Illuminating a rainbow of petals…
In the bed of an old work truck. 
I stood there as if I were still nine.
Not moving an inch.
I suddenly felt…
No, I always felt whenever I was around flowers,
Like I had just inhaled…
An exhilarating breath of fresh air.
Just one of the many reasons to leave the city.


For the Sunday Muse

Photo: Source

https://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/

20 comments:

  1. I love the line and thought, "I stood there as if I were still 9". This is lovely and sweet Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I want to leave the city with you and be in this beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sense of discovery in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This convinces me too to leave the city. Beautiful . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cities can be stifling, indeed... especially if we let them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe part of us is always still nine. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the feeling of always being nine. I love living in the country too! Hope you get to escape soon! This is such a sweet poem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely story, flowers always freshen the day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely poem and the mention of being nine was wonderful in this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely poem. An old ute filled with flowers in the outback is something you will never see...beer cans maybe. American bush folk seem far more poetic than their Aussie cousins:)

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...