Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Be Free




On a blank white page…
Feathered fingers drip shadowy iridescent ink.
Far away from large raucous flocks.
Gone from an expansive field.
Missing from a city park.
I can almost hear their poetic caws…
Wafting with the wind…
Their cries being carried on their wings…
of their gloomy cloud.
I can Imagine them dripping black iridescent ink,
Beside their tracks in the glaring white snow.
Dreaming of the day they are loved.
Imagining their intelligence being noticed.
Longing for their language to be understood.
Do they hang out everywhere musing?
Close by until the ink is dry and they're free,
Of their dark reputation.


I’ve always liked these funny birds. We encountered one
on a sign at a National Park once that was probably a raven
because of how large it was. He was gorgeous and he knew it
considering how he hammed it up for the cameras like he was a
a star on the red carpet. I love the way our local crows fill our
yard at times throughout the year. I love this photo prompt too.
I hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Photo: “Be Free” by Magic Love Crow
For The Sunday Muse

https://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/

15 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky,
    Loved your take on this and your poetic lines.
    "Feathered fingers drip shadowy iridescent ink . . . "
    and
    "Their cries being carried on their wings . . . "

    Nice one!! . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Vicki! I love every line, and the story to follow. I can see that bird hamming it up for the camera. Made me smile. Hope your weekend is going well to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie. Looking forward to seeing you at the birthday party. :-)

      Delete
  3. Love the cawing of crows.I like the human sound of it. Magical creatures carrying their cries on their wings. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Ravens are amazing, although I'm slightly partial to the mourning doves that seem to have claimed our neighbor's roofline. This was an evocative write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Feathered fingers drip shadowy iridescent ink”. Stunning image, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Vicki, I love the play of words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the idea of the cawing of crows being poetic. I have always being partial to the black bird. And find their screechy-singing enthralling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love crows. They are super intelligent and recognize when they are appreciated! And so, of course, I love what you wrote here!

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...