Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

What is Love?





What? A pop quiz?
What is love? To cut a long story short…
Is it treats?
Okay… okay – well… um…
Love cares about everyone – everything.
Love knows we are all interconnected.
Love knows when one loves others;
It also loves oneself.
This is the true nature of love.
Love can’t be influenced or confined.
Love has no boundaries;
Therefore, you can find love everywhere.
Love is naturally kind and empathetic.
Love speaks out for injustice.
Love allows anger and pain,
To be communicated and freed.
Love cannot be bought and sold.
Love floats around free to give and receive.
Love cannot be planned;
Therefore, we are often surprised by love.
Love is all of this and so much more.
Okay, we good? Um… treats are love too.
Yep, I love treats – you love giving me treats.
I highly recommend love and treats.

For Poets United midweek motif… Love.
Photo: Pinterest
I hope everyone has a happy Valentines Day!
Much love, Vicki
http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/

30 comments:

  1. 'Love has no boundaries' True definition of love. I also love how Love surprises us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the tail wagging throughout! Love is also the gaze and the rhythm of the moment. Beautiful, clever poem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely poem about love. I love the idea of being surprised by love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love is everything. I, too, recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that is the "treats?" look, for sure. What a sweet face! I loved this, especially the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah wonderful these eyes asking for treats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love is everything like Magaly said. I love the idea of seeing it through the eyes of a wonderful and loving doggie. This is sweet Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This made me smile throughout and chuckle at the end. There is no better emblem of love than a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do so love the surprising aspect of love. I am reading presently 'Plain Admirer by Patricia Davids' its from The Brides of Amish Country series
    And the story is certainly drifting in that direction of love - a surprise

    Happy you dropped by my blog today.

    much ✿ܓlove

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you say here. I totally agree and so do my dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole point about love is your compatability with either human or animal friend. You get on well so you let go and caress them and then love each other more. Human or pet you fit in each others lives and can live together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I smiled and thought of our dog when I saw the picture and read this lovely poem!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The most important (to me) on this list? "Love speaks out for injustice."

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...