Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

The Most Outstanding Fall



Gosh I’m surprised to see that its already Fall.
I guess I needed sleep after summers garden brawl.
Waking in this pile of brightly colored leaves,
has left dust all over my crumpled pixie sleeves.

I remember running from the ugly troll named Saul,
chasing me through the bee balm field… as I recall.
I dashed and hid between jagged rocky cleaves.
Saul spied me and cried out to his chummy thieves.

They tripped over their big ugly feet landing in a sprawl.
I darted to the garden bed disappearing behind the gazing ball.
I closed my eyes exhausted! Thank goodness I deceived,
the mossy breath, big-nose goons. I fell asleep relieved.

This is going to be the most outstanding Fall of all.
Bragging to all my friends how I outsmarted Saul.
Some of the details just might not be believed.
Even so… fun and laughter are sure to be achieved.


I’ve always loved fairies and Fall, so I had to write a poem about both.
Linking with Imaginary Gardens Tuesday platform.

http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/

























Photo: Unsplash







18 comments:

  1. This is a wonderfully lyrical piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I really like the rhyme and the rhythm. There's a limerick-like quality to it, which I really enjoyed. And I am a fan of fun and laughter, whenever achieved. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful Fairy Tale flowing right within the beauty of fall. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A delightful, light-hearted adventure. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rhythm and rhymes in this. a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I think I'm troll than faerie... but I might fall for a faerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Faeries and fall... yes seems a magical combination!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of the details just might not be believed
    Even so..fun and laughter are sure to be achieved

    Just goes to show details does not matter for the idea is to enjoy each other's company. Very true Vicky!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the beat and I'm a sucker for rhyme. Nicely done and I liked the surprise of Saul. "Summers garden brawl" perfectly places what it was!

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...