Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Monday, October 8, 2018

A slower pace
















I use to be in a hurry… Racing up a steady incline,
Worrying about having enough time…
Needing to get to an imagined finish line.

Maybe age has caused me to pause
I don’t know… I like that I’ve slowed down,
Taking the time to look around…

Noting hills aren’t always green…
Sometimes they take on hues of mauve,
Orange, or even aubergine.


Linking with the Sunday Muse
https://thesundaymuse.blogspot.com/

"The Hare and the Crow"   by Amanda Clark

8 comments:

  1. I like that I’ve slowed down
    Taking the time to look around

    It is most rewarding to give time. Little things may mean a lot when one gives it a second peek.

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hills are not always green. If you didn't pause, you would never know that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a beautiful truth here in your beautiful words here Vicki. Lovely rhyming indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed this--it was so rhythmic I wanted to hear it read. :)

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...