Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Friday, December 14, 2018

Unexpected Music














A mother always knows.
I worried my child wouldn’t be accepted.
I loved him but shamefully I worried...
The family wouldn’t be accepted.

I had seen this story before.
It had played out when I was a child.
My mother loved but shamefully worried...
About my brother’s life.

Back then the times were different.
I guess today acceptance is improving.
But it is hard to talk to your child about…
Being true to who they are coming out.

A mother always worries about...
what might happen to their children.
About ten years have passed since,
I heard the words from our son’s father.

Spoken from the lips of a man raised in a devout Christian family.
“Don’t worry… you can’t change a person’s heart
and you know we’ll love him no matter what.”
Unexpected music to my ears! Our son continues to be…
Unexpected music to our ears!


Through a conversation with my son near his high school graduation,
I hauled him from the closet, so he’d know he had our support to live the life he chooses.
Smiles… I can be persistent. I haven’t seen this movie, I want to see it.
 Our son is the one on the left, the one on the right will be our son soon.
 
 http://withrealtoads.blogspot.com/

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful boy, your Son. You are lucky to have him and lucky to be getting another Son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your two sons! This made my heart leap with happiness for them. I wish every person had this strong family love and support. I love what his father said to you. Yay, humans ARE evolving! I am glad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have to admit, I am crying right now. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their smiles say it all. You are wonderful parents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They both look very happy. Bot of them are lucky to have such a supportive family.Christmas wishes and all the best to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They way joy multiplies with acceptance and support!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a handsome boy (couple). They are blessed to have such a loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow! Thank you so much for sharing. I was very anxious reading your lines, waiting for the father's response. I am so relieved I can feel it in my body!

    Check out the movie, truly. The father is played by Russell Crowe and I think the center of the film is the relationship between father and son. Gosh I feel all weepy writing this. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great, and I'm so happy that it works out for them (and you)... after all everyone usually knows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful -- the story, the support system, the love, and the telling. :-)

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...