Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Monday, November 12, 2018

Tiny Bird






Today in the cold drizzling rain and on my phone.
I hardly noticed a tiny bird on the sidewalk,
Frantically looking around scared and alone.

I popped into the store for a couple of things.
I came out expecting him to be long gone.
My eyes scanned the shopping center,
For a shrub, tree, or the tiniest strip of lawn.

I scooped him up in my cradled hands,
Loving how soft and fragile he was to the touch.
I prayed he wouldn’t try to fly and fall with his
Hurt wing, but he didn’t flap his wings very much.

I carried him around the corner where I noticed,
Several large potted plants outside a sandwich shop.
Laying him in the dirt amongst green plants he seemed content.
And my heart was filled with joy for having made that stop.

My birthday wish is for the tiny bird to heal and fly.
Soaring high into the clear blue skies.


This happened on my birthday today. I’ve never held a bird,
what a wonderful present. Linking with The Sunday Muse.
















4 comments:

  1. This is as beautiful and heartfelt story Vicki. Certainly a reflection of your beautiful heart. I actually shared something today at the Tuesday Platform for Imaginary Gardens that is about a little bird to. I hope you did have a lovely birthday, and that your are enjoying your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie. We're back home, we had an amazing time.

      Delete
  2. This is a moving story--the way you stopped again to check and move the bird to safety has me welling up. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...