Thank you for stopping by "My Sentence" today!

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

My Poetic Season





Over the years I have learned to be strong.
My children Like birds could nest on my branches.
I’d listen… lessen their burdens from life going wrong.

Several months ago, my branches felt bare.
More like a young sapling in need of support.
I found strength for others hard… while in despair.

A dear friend helped me escape to the poetry world.
The more I read and wrote the less I felt broken.
We became closer… because of our grief for a girl.

One poem at a time my strength is returning.
Praying I’ll stay deep in the genre of poetry.
Forever keeping my heart and mind churning.

I pray… one day I’ll find someone in need,
Wanting to express their feelings some way.
And, like my friend… plant the poetic seed.

This year we’ll have the tree, gifts, and feasts.
However, this year is just my poetic season.
Thank you, my friend… It’s helped me have peace.



For my dear friend, Carrie. Thank you for being there for me, Carrie.

For Poets United: Susan’s Midweek Motif. “Prayer”
http://poetryblogroll.blogspot.com/

Photo: Unsplash

19 comments:

  1. A marvelous poem! To heal through poetry, to pass on the seed: "Praying--I'll stay deep in the genre of poetry. . . ."
    That image works two ways. Thank God for our teachers and our friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. It has soothed me in many ways.

      Delete
  2. A stunning poem Vickie. Verse 6 is my favourite. May be all scatter seeds of poetry to sprout healing days

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poetry is a pathway through pain that accompanies our journey. Your poem is wonderful. I love the idea of passing along this love of poetry, as someone did to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes this really is a beautiful poem on thankfulness. Friends and poetry what would we do without them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Friendship rendered in poetry. Such a beautiful feeling. It is the best of medium to adopt, Vicky!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful that poetry has helped heal.. a great gift by/for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pleased you found poetry, Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poetry does give the healing touch and makes life so meaningful. A beautiful poem Vicki.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A simple thank you can be an eloquent prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this, Vicki. I have never known a better balm for the soul than poetry. It's saved my life and glad that you highlighted its restorative powers.

    ReplyDelete

A Fairy Christmas

A chilly breeze, the mistletoe sways. A brush of wings… Fairies may have passed your way. A glitter dusting, a playfu...